Welcome Raymond Johnson
The Journey would like to welcome our new pastor and his family to the West Chester community! We are pleased to have Raymond Johnson coming to serve with us in West Chester and lead this church.
Raymond, his wife Meghan, and their three girls cannot wait to move to the area and begin ministry here. Raymond is wrapping up things in Louisville, KY, where he has served in a variety of functions, including as a staff member at Ninth and O Baptist Church and as an adjunct professor of preaching at Boyce College. In addition, he is completing his PhD at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
The Johnson family has demonstrated a strong desire for kingdom ministry and the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ as affirmed by Scripture. Their hope is to help The Journey grow in its understanding of the Bible and in its endeavors to impact the West Chester community with the gospel. The Journey will continue to be a place where people from all walks of life can and will encounter Christ, experience community, and exist for others.
Join us in welcoming Raymond and his family to The Journey!
Be sure to check back here at thejourneywc.org for more details and visit us on Sunday mornings at 10:00, where we will receive regular updates from the Johnsons as they begin to make their way to us in the weeks ahead.
Ministry / Educational Biography
- Raymond is a PhD candidate in New Testament Studies at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Raymond has published articles for Baptist Press, the Council of Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, The Journal of Family Ministry, and The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. He has also presented at The Evangelical Theological Society.
- Raymond received a Masters of Divinity and a Masters of Theology from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Bachelors degree from The University of Southern Mississippi.
- Raymond has served as a youth pastor at FBC Collins, MS.
- Raymond has preached itinerately in the following states: AL, AR, MS, LA, KY, ME, RI, OH, OR, PA and still speaks widely at Disciple Nows, Camps, and revival meetings.
- Evangelical Theological Society Member
- Evangelical Homiletical Society Member
- Before being called by The Journey, Raymond was on ministerial staff at Ninth & O Baptist Church in Louisville, KY. He was also the Assistant Director of Student & Alumni Services at Southern Seminary and taught preaching adjunctively at Boyce College in Louisville, KY.
Where can you find Raymond when he is not working?
If its football season, Raymond is watching the Crimson Tide since he is a raging Alabama Football enthusiast. Otherwise, he is a bookworm, reading books of all sorts, especially fiction since it is his personal favorite.
Raymond and his wife, Meghan, live in Louisville with their three daughters, Abigail, Charlotte, and Emily.
More in The Journey Blog
November 9, 2017TJC and Pastor Johnson Named 2017 John Stott Award Recipient
November 8, 2017Pastor to Speak at Pro-Life Event in West Chester, PA
November 8, 2017Abortion - A Biblical Look at an Emotional Issue